Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Noh Kyogen Costume of Japanese Theatre


Trying times weigh more heavily. I disbanded the Board due to "creative tampering" by its host. May create another elsewhere. Earlier, I noted two worlds always colliding: motorcycling and being a parent. So my consciousness is more greatly in tune when not to ride - regardless of perfect days!
There's been a heightened number of motorcycle accidents on the freeways lately with three critical off the 134 East in Toluca Lake, several a week in morning rush hour, and one particular just yesterday right on the exit near my Dojo (home) that ended up with the bike under a semi, and the Rider passing on. At 6:30am, he suited and hit the start button where he lived. At 7am, he was gone. With each freeway entrance I've started on, I note an almost complete absence of yielding or care by autos and trucks that not only fly right past you as you're entering, but suddenly swerving left and right in front and behind. I just can't enjoy the ride any longer.
Combined with the news accounts seemingly every other day here in L.A., my bike's been sitting for months as more and more, I think about taking less and less risk, in order to be here for my son.
It's always been a thought somehow, that I'd spend three years on it, as an adventure, then move on to another interest, having completed Rides and events that we're always a goal. That time is only a few months away.
As of months ago, I've put the bike up for sale, and seem not to be able to bring her out again. I'd somehow find both a great sadness, and relief, if it one day sells.
I've rolled with true Bikers on Poker Runs and fundraising events, entered a few members only biker clubs when they had their fundraising events, hungout with bikers who for the most part were very cool, and had beers with and traded riding stories and motorcycle talk with weekend only warriors. I've done what I set out to do, and how many people can say that - especially this Rider, who's not a Biker - just an Adventurer on a bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment