Thursday, September 24, 2009

Chopper Day


Today, I rode to Santa Clarita to view a 1970 Honda Old School 750 Chopper. Unbelievable sculpture of art, it was! I was floored with how awesome it was built, the banana seat, the extended fork, and it's lantern tail lights. A living room work of art, but I'd have to take it apart just to rebuild it, actually, in my living room!


So, as I'm contemplating buying this next acquisition, I recalled Santa Clarita Choppers that I discovered at the last David Mann Chopper Fest Show in Ventura last year, and "the one that got away"! An unbelievable custom built chopper that sold for $15,000, yet cost them $30,000+ to build. It truly was the Holy Grail of choppers, and I had it right under me, right there, ready for my discovery yet I did not have the funds to declare this lottery win. To me, it was a dollar ticket, that won millions! That's how much I fell in love with this bike.
So much so, that I made it last year's Christmas card to my circle, who must have thought, I truly lost it. But, so what!
I visited Santa Clarita Choppers, talked to the bike's builder who remembered the bike (long sold), and he showed me some of his pictures of it. I told him of the dozens of events I've been to, NO other bike captured me. "It was love at first sight", I said, which to me is like a once in a lifetime comet. I told him one day, I'd come back and pay him enough money to tell me who has the bike, then pay them enough to sell it to me. I'll never forget her!
Oh! What about the Easy Rider Chopper I just bragged about acquiring below, you ask? Sadly, we came to an end in our brief relationship. We were just too hot together to last any longer, and I had to let her go. I'll truly miss her!

No comments:

Post a Comment